Serves: Makes 10 muffins
Cook: 20-25 mins
Ingredients: 200g self raising flour, 2 ripe bananas (mashed), 125ml of milk, 125g caster sugar, 1 egg, 60ml of olive oil, 1 tsp. vanilla essence, 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. baking powder
For the glaze: 3 heaped tsp. of icing sugar, 1 tsp. of vanilla essence, small amount of sea salt.
- Preheat your oven to 180F
- Mix all of your wet ingredients together for the muffin mix until light and blended well
- Now start folding in the flour and other dry ingredients
- When all combined add the mashed banana and mix well
- Divide equally between 10 greased muffin trays and pop into the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until nice and golden
- Allow to cool before adding your glaze
- For the vanilla glaze, mix 3 heaped tsp. of icing sugar with 1 tsp of vanilla essence and 1 tsp of water
- Brush the glaze over the top of the muffins and sprinkle with a little sea salt
Even though 80% of all vanilla comes from Madagascar, 3 out of 4 people live in poverty, with children suffering from stunted growth and many out of school, with Madagascar ranking fifth in the world for the number of out-of-school children. Save The Children have been working to provide a better future for these children and future generations by collaborating with vanilla suppliers to improve the livelihoods of farming communities…to find out more please visit:
Remember all recipes are created for you not only to enjoy, but to also raise awareness of the struggles these countries face on a daily basis, so if you would like to make a donation to Save The Children who are working everyday to support children around the World, please visit my just giving page by clicking the link Just Giving for more information.