Try out this easy recipe for mid-week inspiration! Uses mostly store cupboards and freezer ingredients too.
Serves: 4 (with maybe some leftovers)
Ingredients: 1 cup of cooked white rice (basmati or long grain is fine), 1 can of beans or your choice such as chickpea, pinto etc, 1 cup of frozen peas, 2 – 4 (depending on how many you want), decent sized sausages of your choice these can of course be veggie, decent sized sausages of your choice these can of course be veggie, 4 eggs, small bunch of chives or spring onions (keeping a little back for garnish), 1 clove of garlic, 1 veggie or chicken stock cube, splash of oil.
- Cook your rice as per instructions and set aside
- Meanwhile boil your eggs for 10mins and leave to cool
- Cut your sausages into slices and fry on a medium heat with a little oil in a large pan with the garlic until browned
- Mix in the chopped chives or spring onions and stir quickly
- Crumble over your stock cube and add your frozen peas and beans with a little water and mix well
- Add your rice and stir, so that the rice is coated in all the lovely flavours
- Peel and slice your eggs and use to top the rice with the remaining chives or spring onions
- Dig in!