Doing a spot of baking this weekend and scones are so easy to make I won’t bore you with the recipe…but would love to hear how you eat yours… I have to admit I do love strawberry jam and clotted cream the best!
Makes one loaf – great for picnics!
Cook: 30 – 40mins
Ingredients: 250g plain flour, 150g chorizo (thinly sliced or cut into cubes), 4 large eggs, 150ml olive oil, 100ml semi skimmed milk, 50g plain yogurt, 50g hard cheese like parmesan, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 160F
- Beat your eggs until pale then add all of the rest of the wet ingredients and mix well
- In a separate bowl mix together the remainder of dry your ingredients except the chorizo
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture slowly mixing well
- When all combined add the chorizo and combine with the batter
- Grease a loaf tin and pour in your batter
- Cook for 30 – 35 mins checking if it’s cooked by using a knife straight down the middle of the loaf and if it comes out clean your loaf is done, if not give it another 5 – 10mins
- Allow to cool
To find out about the amazing work Save The Children are currently doing to support children across the globe, please visit the link:
And if you would like to make a donation via this blog, please visit my Just Giving Page, by clicking the link here Just Giving