Loving these autumn colours and flavours with this ‘Hungarian Inspired’ orange pepper and paprika soup, finished off with a dollop of creme fraiche or sour cream and sprinkling of dill…can be kept vegan if you opt out of the sour cream and creme fraiche!
Prep: 5 mins
Ingredients: 3 large orange peppers, 1 large tomato, 1 large onion, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp. of smoked paprika (plus extra for serving), 1 veggie stock cube, 1 tsp of dill for serving and a good dollop each of sour cream or creme fraiche.
- Soften one large onion and two cloves of garlic in one tbsp. of oil (I used olive oil), in a lidded pan
- Add three large diced orange peppers, one large tomato to the pan and one tsp. of smoked paprika
- Pop the lid on and cook on a gentle simmer for 20mins, stirring occasionally so that is doesn’t stick, this method should ensure that all the lovely juices are released from the peppers
- After 20mins add 400ml of veggie stock and simmer for another 10mins
- Blitz all in a food processor and serve with a dollop of creme fraiche or sour cream and a scattering of dill and paprika
Remember all recipes are created for you not only to enjoy, but to also raise awareness of the struggles these countries face on a daily basis, so if you would like to make a donation to Save The Children who are working everyday to support children around the World, please visit my just giving page by clicking the link Just Giving for more information.