Having recently got back from Japan, as a foodie, I am REALLY missing it, so was very excited when visiting my local supermarket to find some enoki mushrooms and felt inspired.
I have a cupboard at home that I try and keep stocked up with lots of different flavours from around the World so with the help of ingredients I already had, was pleased to be able to come home and rustle something up for lunch today that really hits the spot; Buckwheat Soba Noodles with Enoki Mushrooms Braised in Miso, with Avocado and Seasame Dressing, and here is the recipe – enjoy!
Ingredients: 2 person serving of buckwheat soba noodles, 1 avocado, punnet of enoki mushrooms, tsp. of white miso, 2 tsp. of sesame oil, 2 tsp. of brown rice vinegar, 2 tsp. soya sauce, 1 heaped tsp. of Korean red pepper flakes.
- Cooked the noodles as per instructions, then place into cold water, drain and set aside
- Pop the mushroom with 1 tsp. of white miso into a pan with a little water and simmer for 10mins
- Meanwhile chopped your avocado into chunks and mix into the noodles with the sesame oil, brown rice vinegar and soya sauce
- When 10 minutes are up, take your mushrooms off the heat and place into very cold water for a minute to stop cooking process and drain completely
- Mix the drained mushrooms into your noodle mix and sprinkle the Korean red chilli flakes over the top
- Dig in!
Want more? Check out some of my other noodle recipes here: