This recipe is the best I have used for making butter biscuits! Lovely to make with children too. Can be hung on the tree if you make a hole in the top before baking and thread a string through once cooled, fun to decorate in anyway you like but I opted for a simple icing sugar and water glaze with lots of sprinkles.
Makes: 35 – 40 Biscuits
Prep: 10 mins (plus resting time overnight or at least one hour in the fridge)
Cook: 10 mins
Ingredients: 500g flour, 250g butter, 200g sugar, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Mix all the dried ingredients together well
- Then add in your eggs and make into a dough, (it should come together really easily with no need to add any liquid)
- Make into a large ball, cover and pop into the fridge overnight or for at least an hour, ( I found that leaving this in the fridge overnight really helped)
- Pre-heat your oven to 150c
- Roll out the dough to about 1/2 centimetre thick and start cutting out your shapes, I used a combination of different cutters which looks really pretty
- Pop onto a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 10minutes until golden, leave in for a few more minutes if needed
- Allow to cool
- Ice with your chosen icing, decorate and enjoy
- Have fun!
Remember all recipes are created for you not only to enjoy, but to also raise awareness of the struggles these countries face on a daily basis, so if you would like to make a donation to Save The Children who are working everyday to support children around the World, please visit my just giving page by clicking the link Just Giving for more information.