Love meatballs but looking for a lighter, healthier gluten free option? Then try this delicious lemony almond meatball recipe, with easy peasy tomato sauce!
Makes: 18 meatballs
Ingredients: For the Meatballs – 500g Pork Mince, 1 medium onion, 3 heaped tbsp. of ground almonds, 1 egg, zest of one lemon, 1 heaped tbsp. grated parmesan cheese, 1 heaped tsp. dried oregano, salt and pepper, drizzle of oil.
For the Tomato Sauce – Handful of cherry tomatoes, 400ml of passata, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp. of olive oil, 2 tsp. of balsamic vinegar.
- Preheat your oven to 220f
- Finely dice your onion and add to all of the other ingredients and work well to combine all of the ingredients together
- Once combined, make into walnut sized balls and pop into a baking dish, drizzle with oil and cook for 30 – 40 minutes until browned
- While the meatballs are cooking start on your sauce:
- Finely chopped the garlic cloves and add to a pan with the olive oil
- Cook for a few minutes on a medium heat then add roughly chopped cherry tomatoes and the balsamic vinegar
- Cook for 5 – 10 minutes until the tomatoes start to break down, you can break them down a little with a wooden spoon
- Add the passata and cook on a low simmer for 20mins
- Serve the meatballs on gluten free pasta and your choice and veg and drizzle over the sauce