We are running low on bread this morning and as we are only going out when really necessary I thought I’d experiment with making my own…and here it is freshly baked cornbread with scrambled eggs and chilli oil…I’ve never made it before but was so simple and have loads left to keep me going, I searched a few different recipes online and managed to find one using what I already had in the cupboard!
Have a look online for loads of ideas and different types, I just added a bit of strong grated cheese to mine before popping it in the oven.
Let me know how you bake yours…
Happy Sunday x
Makes one loaf – great for picnics!
Cook: 30 – 40mins
Ingredients: 250g plain flour, 150g chorizo (thinly sliced or cut into cubes), 4 large eggs, 150ml olive oil, 100ml semi skimmed milk, 50g plain yogurt, 50g hard cheese like parmesan, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 160F
- Beat your eggs until pale then add all of the rest of the wet ingredients and mix well
- In a separate bowl mix together the remainder of dry your ingredients except the chorizo
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture slowly mixing well
- When all combined add the chorizo and combine with the batter
- Grease a loaf tin and pour in your batter
- Cook for 30 – 35 mins checking if it’s cooked by using a knife straight down the middle of the loaf and if it comes out clean your loaf is done, if not give it another 5 – 10mins
- Allow to cool
To find out about the amazing work Save The Children are currently doing to support children across the globe, please visit the link:
And if you would like to make a donation via this blog, please visit my Just Giving Page, by clicking the link here Just Giving