Looking for a healthy vegan BBQ side this weekend? Then try this…
Cook: 15 – 20
Ingredients: 4 small of 2 large aubergines cut into thin slices, 4 small or 2 large courgettes cut into thin slices, a jar of red peppers cut into thin strips, large handful of mixed herbs, (basil, mint and parsley all work well), 1 tbsp. of tahini, juice of 1/2 lemon 4 tbsp. of olive oil, 1 tbsp. of pine nuts, 1 tsp. of paprika and a little more olive oil for grilling the aubergine and courgette.
- Brush the aubergine and courgettes with a little oil and grill on each side for around 6 – 8 minutes until they start to brown but not burn
- Allow to cool
- To make the dressing mix the tahini, oil and lemon juice together
- Brown the pine nuts in a pan to bring out their flavour
- Now construct your salad by placing layers of the aubergine, courgette and red peppers on a large plate, pour your dressing over the top and scatter the pine nuts and herbs over the salad and sprinkle over the paprika
Looking for a super easy marinade for your chicken, then you need to try this, great baked in the oven or on the BBQ.
Makes: 16 wings
Ingredients: For the chicken wings; 250ml beer, 1 tbsp. runny honey, 1 tsp. English mustard, a little salt.
For the salad; 1 green apple, 1/2 cucumber, good squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the beer, honey and mustard and mix well
- Add your chicken wings and make sure they are submerged in the liquid
- Leave in the fridge overnight or for as least 4 hours
- Preheat your oven to 200f
- Take the chicken wings out of the marinade and place onto a baking tray, pouring a little of the marinade over to stop them drying out
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and bake in the oven until golden brown but not burnt, (35-40mins), alternatively you could cook these on the bbq!
- To make your salad chop your cucumber and apple into chunks, mix together and add a good squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve your chicken wings alongside the salad
To find out about the amazing work Save The Children Australia are currently doing to support children across the globe, please visit the link:
And if you would like to make a donation via this blog, please visit my Just Giving Page, by clicking the link here Just Giving