DF, Low Sugar
Whipped up a batch of these yesterday, great for lunch on the go, lunch box treats or after school snack. This recipe is dairy free and low sugar, making these a great addition to your weekend baking, as well as using up those overripe bananas!
Makes: 12 Muffins
Ingredients: 200g wholemeal flour, 4 overripe bananas, 2 eggs, 100ml of oat milk, 50g of brown sugar, 1 tbsp. of olive oil, 2 tbsp. of oats, 1 tsp. of baking powder, 1 tsp of baking soda, 1 tsp. of honey.
- Preheat your oven to 180F
- Combine all of your wet ingredients except the honey and mix well,
- Add to all of the other dry ingredients
- Mix well until smooth
- Mash your bananas in a separate bowl and then add to the muffin mix
- Mix well and then finish off by stirring in the honey
- Fill a 12 hole muffin tray with muffin cases and fill equally with the muffin mixture
- Pop in the oven and bake for 15 -20 minutes until the muffins have risen and are golden brown
- Allow to cool and keep in an airtight container until ready to eat