Friday night is a good excuse for a curry night right? Check out this delicious vegan recipe for some healthy inspiration.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 45 – 60 mins
Ingredients: 1 white or brown onion, 2 large aubergines or 4 baby aubergines, 1 cup of green lentils, 2 cups of coconut milk, 1 veggie stock cube, 1/2 tsp of cumin, 1/2 tsp of turmeric, 1 chopped red chilli and 1/2 tsp of dried ginger, 4 tbsp of oil, 1 tsp. of masala paste.
- Preheat the oven to 200F
- Chop your onion and garlic and fry in a pan with 1 tbsp of oil for a few minutes until softened
- Add all of your dried spices and chilli and coat the onions and garlic well
- Add the lentils with 2 cups of coconut milk and 3 cups of veggie stock and give it a good stir
- Bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer until the lentils are soft, you may need to add some more liquid and give it the occasional stir
- While the lentils are cooking, mix the masala paste with 3 tbsp. of oil
- Cut the aubergines in half lengthways, criss cross the flesh and place on a baking tray flesh side up
- Brush the masala oil all over the flesh and pop in the oven for 30 – 45 mins until soft
- Once the aubergines and lentils are cooked serve up on a fluffy bed of basmati rice, lentils first then the aubergines on top
Tip: I used the same cup to measure the lentils and liquids to make sure I get the right measurements.