We are running low on bread this morning and as we are only going out when really necessary I thought I’d experiment with making my own…and here it is freshly baked cornbread with scrambled eggs and chilli oil…I’ve never made it before but was so simple and have loads left to keep me going, I searched a few different recipes online and managed to find one using what I already had in the cupboard!
Have a look online for loads of ideas and different types, I just added a bit of strong grated cheese to mine before popping it in the oven.
Let me know how you bake yours…
Happy Sunday x
Looking for an easy no fuss brunch recipe, then try this…all cooked in the oven together so that everything is ready at the same time. I used honey for my drizzle but can use any syrup you prefer, can also add ice cream, creme fraiche or yogurt for extra deliciousness!
Ingredients: 4 slices of brioche bread, 2 pears, 1 egg, 100ml of semi skimmed or full fat milk, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 tsp. brown sugar, 2 pears, (such as Cornice or William), squeeze of lemon juice, sprinkling of brown sugar.
To Serve: 6 crushed walnut halves, good drizzle of honey.
- If making right away, pre-heat your oven to 200F
- Cut the brioche slices in half and put into a baking dish, flat side to side
- Beat the egg, milk, vanilla extract and sugar and pour over the top of the bread, ensuring that it is all coated in the mixture, set aside until ready to pop in the oven with the pears or even overnight in the fridge
- Peel and slice the pears removing the core and any seeds
- Pop into a baking tray and sprinkle with a little sugar and good squeeze of lemon juice
- Pop the pears and the brioche bread in the oven for 20mins or until golden brown on top
- Serve by topping the bread
- with the pears, drizzling over the honey and sprinkling over the crushed walnuts
Remember all recipes are created for you not only to enjoy, but to also raise awareness of the struggles these countries face on a daily basis, so if you would like to make a donation to Save The Children who are working everyday to support children around the World, please visit my just giving page by clicking the link Just Giving for more information.