Looking for a filling but healthy meat free lunch? Then try my super easy, super delicious vegan rice bowl, if you omit the chilli even kids will love it!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Ingredients: 1 cup of dried brown rice, 1 large avocado, 1 small can of sweetcorn, small bunch of spring onions, 2 tsp. brown miso paste, 1 tbsp. of sesame seeds (black, brown or white is fine), 1 tbsp. soy sauce, sprinkling of chilli flakes.
- Pop the brown rice in a saucepan and add the miso paste, cook as per packet instructions
- Once cooked, allow the rice to cool (this can be cooked the day before, or even in the morning if you have time)
- Drain the sweetcorn and mix in with the rice along with the spring onions
- Chop the avocado into slices and arrange on top
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and chilli flakes and a little drizzle of the soy sauce