The Party Season has definitely started in our house, so if you are entertaining this December and looking for some tasty treats with mainly freezer and store cupboard ingredients then have a go at the tasty puffs!
Ingredients: 460g ready made puff pastry, 250g frozen shrimps/prawns, 4 tbsp. of mayonnaise, 2 heaped tbsp. of tinned sweetcorn, 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds 2 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce, 1 small bunch of spring onions or chives thinly sliced, 1 tsp. dried ginger, a little oil for frying.
- Pre-heat your oven to 160F
- Using a pastry cutter or a cup, cut out 26 circles in your puff pastry, prick with a fork and add to a lined baking tray
- Cook in the oven for 15mins until golden and puffed up
- Take out and leave to cool
- To make the prawn filling, fry your prawns in a little oil to remove any excess water, allow to cool
- Make the prawn sauce, by mixing together all of the remaining ingredients, except the sesame seeds and add the cooled prawns
- Take each of the little puffs and using the back of a spoon bash the top a little to make a small hole in each
- Fill the hole with the prawn mixture and finish off with a sprinkling of the sesame seeds
Save The Children are working in China to improve the quality of life for the children of China, working with childrens rights organisations, to keep children protected from neglect, illness and abuse. They have also developed the Helping Babies Breathe programme, and are supporting local health workers to better treat and diagnose childhood illnesses. In China around 50% of the population also live in natural disaster-prone areas, Save The Children are working locally to ensure that communities are better prepared for future emergencies, to find out more please visit their website:
Remember all recipes are created for you not only to enjoy, but to also raise awareness of the struggles these countries face on a daily basis, so if you would like to make a donation to Save The Children, who are working everyday to support children around the World, please visit my just giving page by clicking the link Just Giving for more information.
So where will we go next? Come back on Monday to find out!
See you soon!