Try these delicious earthy flavours to warm you up this week…
Cook: 30 – 35mins
Ingredients: For the Salmon – 2 salmon fillets, 2 heaped teaspoons of fresh or dried dill, 2 tsp. horseradish (jarred), 2 tsp. olive oil, good squeeze of lemon juice, good pinch of salt and pepper.
For the Beetroot Beans – 1 can of cannellini beans (roughly 200g drained weight), 2 large handfuls of kale, 100g of pickled beetroot (round baby if you can get it), 100ml of the beetroot juice, 1 clove of garlic, 1 tsp of olive oil.
- First make the marinade for the salmon by mixing together all of the ingredients for the salmon and coating the fillets in it
- Put the salmon fillets on a lined baking tray skin side down and pop in the fridge for at least 30mins
- When ready to cook, preheat your oven to 200F
- Start off your beans by heating oil in a lidded pan and adding one chopped garlic clove and fry gently for a few minutes
- Now add the kale and cook for 5 mins on a low heat
- Chop your beetroot into small chunks and add the beetroot and the beans to the pan with 100ml of the juice from the beetroot, pop the lid on and cook on a low heat for 10mins
- Meanwhile place your salmon fillets in the oven and cook for 20mins
- Check the beans, add a little seasoning, give it all a good stir and pop the lid on and cook for another 15 – 20mins on a low heat until ready to serve with the salmon
- Serve with fresh lemon slices if you wish and…
Remember all recipes are created for you not only to enjoy, but to also raise awareness of the struggles these countries face on a daily basis, so if you would like to make a donation to Save The Children who are working everyday to support children around the World, please visit my just giving page by clicking the link Just Giving for more information.