These lovely little samosas are mild enough for little tastebuds too!
Makes: 12 Samosas
Ingredients: For the Samosas – 1 pack of ready made filo pastry, 1 medium sized potato, small can of sweetcorn, 1 medium sized onion, 1 tbsp olive oil, (plus a little more for putting your samosas together), 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric, 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds, small bunch of chopped coriander.
For the Pea Raita – 2 tbsp. cooked frozen peas, 150g natural yogurt, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 1/4 cucumber, 1/2 tsp. dried mint, good pinch of salt and pepper.
1. Peel your potato and cut into small chunks and boil for 8mins
2. Peel and thinly slice the onion and fry in the olive oil with the dried spices on a medium heat for 5mins
3. Add your cooked potato, sweetcorn and chopped coriander to the onion and spice mixture and cook for 2mins more to ensure all ingredients are covered in the onion and spice mix
4. Turn off the heat and leave to one side to cool
5. Preheat your oven to 180f
6. While you are waiting for the mixture to cool make the Pea Raita by combining all ingredients and giving it a good blitz in a food processor, pop in the fridge until ready to serve with your samosas
7. Now make your samosas, check out the video here https://youtu.be/09Upx-kVIvQ that shows an easy way to roll the pastry, I used a little olive oil to brush at the end to hold all in place and a little over the top before popping them in the oven
8. Pop in the oven for 25- 30 minutes until golden
9. Serve with the Pea Riata
350,000 children are currently at risk after India’s eastern coastline was hit by Cyclone Fani, they need water, food and shelter. As well as this recent disaster, one child in twenty dies before their fifth birthday from preventable diseases and an estimated 12 million children are employed as child labourers, often in dangerous conditions. Save The Children are currently there trying to provide help and support to these children to provide them with a better future…to find out more please visit:
And if you would like to make a donation via this blog, please visit my Just Giving Page, by clicking the link here Just Giving