This is an easy tasty dish, with lots of fresh flavours so great for the summer!
Serves: 2 as a main
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 35 – 40 mins
Ingredients: For the chicken; 4 chicken thighs, juice of an orange, 1 garlic clove, tsp. ground cinnamon, tsp. turmeric powder, tsp. olive oil, salt and pepper.
For the pasta; 120g of dried pasta, small bunch of coriander, 15g of Pinenuts.
- Pre-heat your oven of 200F
- In a pestle and mortar add all your dry ingredients plus the olive oil and blend to a paste, add your orange juice and mix well
- Place your chicken thighs on a roasting tray and pour over the mixture with some salt and pepper on top (you can leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge at this point)
- Add 100ml of cold water to the bottom of the pan and roast for 35 – 40 mins, the chicken should be crispy and brown but not burnt!
- 10 minutes before your chicken is ready, cook your pasta, ( I used fusilli)
- Once cooked mix the chopped coriander through the pasta, pop your chicken on top and add all the juices from the tray
- Sprinkle over the pinenuts and serve with a crisp green salad
Save The Children, were the first international aid agency to go into Libya when fighting broke out in 2011, they are still there on the ground, supporting those affected by the conflict, and offering support to the many refugees now living in Tunisia, to find out more please visit:
And if you would like to make a donation via this blog, please visit my Just Giving Page, by clicking the link here Just Giving