The fresh mint sauce used here, can be used to add some zing to things like steak, chicken and pork too. You can also use a variety of fish, I have gone for cheap pirch steaks but really it will go well with anything not too flaky!
Ingredients: 2 pieces of fish steak or fillets, 1tsp of turmeric powder, 1tsp of white flour, pinch of salt, thumb sized piece of ginger (peeled and cut into matchsticks), 1/2 lime, white rice to serve
For the Fresh Mint Sauce: Good sized bunch of fresh mint, 1 dried or fresh green or red chilli, juice of 1/2 a lime, 2 tbsps. of olive oil, pinch of salt.
- Make your green sauce first, in a blender add all of the ingredients and blitz to a sauce like consistency, set aside
- Cook your rice as per pack instructions
- Mix the turmeric, flour and salt together and lightly coat your fish on both sides with the mix
- Heat some oil in a pan, then add your fish and cook on each side for about 4 minutes
- When ready to serve plate up with your rice, drizzle the fresh mint sauce over the top, top with the ginger and lime wedges
Save The Children have been supporting Children in Nepal since 1976, working with over 100 organisations across Nepal to develop programmes that protect children, help them to receive education and live in safety. After the earthquake in 2015, which left thousands dead and destroying homes, schools and medical centres, Save The Children, through their emergency appeal, have been working to put in place long term plans to offer support to those effected by natural disasters. To find out more please visit:
And if you would like to make a donation via this blog, please visit my Just Giving Page, by clicking the link here Just Giving