This is a really gentle dish but very satisfying and filling!
Serves 2 – 4
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 – 30 mins
Ingredients: 2 – 4 Tuna Steaks, (depending on size and how many you are making this for), 1 small – medium onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 small can of sweetcorn, 200g of new potatoes, 1 carrot, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tsp of dried oregano, 1 lime, 1/2 tsp. of salt, good mil of black pepper, small bunch of fresh herbs of your choice (I used parsley but can use coriander).
- Peel and finely chopped your onion and garlic cloves,
- Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil to a lidded pan and add your chopped onion and garlic and cook on a medium heat for 5 mins
- Peel and chop into small chunks your potato and carrot
- Add to the pan with 200ml of cold water, the sweetcorn including any juices, oregano and salt and pepper
- Pop the lid on and cook on a low heat for 20mins
- After 20mins add your tuna steaks on top of the stew, put the lid back on and cook for 8 -10mins
- Serve immediately with a good squeeze of lime, and your fresh herbs
As well as the devastation of natural disasters, Columbia has been caught in an ongoing conflict for decades, with an estimated 7 million people being displaced from their homes over the last 50 years. Despite this conflict, thousands of Venezuelans are coming to Columbia to leave behind desperate conditions. As a result hospitals are running out of medical care and children are in danger of human trafficking. Save The Children are working with communities and schools affected by the ongoing conflict to ensure child protection and they are also providing support for those coming across the border and working to prevent the exploitation of children. To find out more please visit:
And if you would like to make a monetary donation please visit my Just Giving Page, by clicking the link here: Just Giving