These not too sweet Easter Bunnies are so easy to make…and eat!
Makes 6 – 10 biscuits depending on the size of your cutter.
Ingredients: 300g self raising flour plus a little more for rolling and dusting, 150g caster sugar, 150g low fat spread (I used flora), 50g of coco powder, 1 egg, 6 Hazelnuts (or more if making more biscuits).
1. Preheat oven to 150F
2. In a bowl add all your dry ingredients and mix well
3. Now add the low fat spread and use your hands to turn into a breadcrumb like consistency
4. Add the egg and mix well, add a little more flour if too wet and bring to a dough
5. Dust a clean surface with some flour and roll out the dough to about the thickness of a £1 coin
6. Line a baking tray with baking parchment
7. Cut out your bunny shapes and place onto the baking tray
8. Cook in the oven for 15mins, remove and before you leave to cool place a hazelnut in the centre of each face to make a nose…
9. Leave to cool and enjoy with a cuppa or a glass of milk
If you’d like to support a great cause, then have a look at the amazing work Save The Children UK are currently doing in 68 countries: www.savethechildren.org.uk
And if you’d like to make a donation via my Just Giving page, please visit: Just Giving