The Green Sauce used here is so tasty you’ll want to add it to everything!
Serves 2 Main Course
Cook: 30mins (plus marinating time)
Ingredients: For the chicken; 2 chicken breasts (skin removed), 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds, 1/2 green chilli, 1 garlic clove (peeled and chopped), 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1 tbsp of olive oil
For the Black Rice; 1 cup of black rice, 1 chicken stock cube, handful of spring onions
For the Salad; 1 Avocado, 2 tbsps. of sweetcorn, 1 large tomato, squeeze of lime juice
For the Green Sauce; 2 tbsp. olive oil, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 green chilli, tsp oregano (fresh or dried), tsp. of jalepeano (jarred) peppers, juice of 1 lime, pinch of salt.
- Mix all the ingredients for the chicken marinade, cut the chickens into strips and marinate in the mixture overnight or for as long as possible
- Meanwhile cooked the black rice as per instructions (these may vary by brand), and substitute one cup of the water for one cup of chicken stock. Once the rice is cooked, add the chopped spring onions and set aside
- Grill the chicken under a pre-heated grill for 20mins turning half way through
- Prepare your salad by peeling the skin of the tomato, (honestly this works and makes its own juice for the rest of the salad!), chop and mix with chopped avocado and sweetcorn adding in the lime juice before stirring
- Now for the sauce… chop, peel and thinly slice the garlic clove add to this the jalapeno peppers, oil, chilli, oregano, the lime juice and pinch of salt and stir well
- Assemble all ingredients and drizzle the chicken with the green sauce*
*You can make the green sauce first and set aside until you are ready to serve.
|In Peru, children living in poor rural areas are dying, in part due to poor information and healthcare provisions, Save the Children are working with government to share better information about childcare to save lives, to find out more please visit their website: https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/where-we-work/south-central-america/peru|
If you would like to make a monetary donation please visit the link: https://justgiving.com/fundraising/Feastforfamine