Serves two for brunch or lunch, for more servings just adjust ingredients accordingly.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Ingredients for the Eggs: 4 eggs, 4 tbsps. of natural or Greek yogurt, handful of cooked green beans, juice of 1/2 a lemon, 2 tsp. of olive oil, 1/2 tsp. dried chilli, 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp. coriander seeds, your choice of bread for toasting.
Ingredients for the Tea: 1 black tea bag, any you like, English Breakfast, Assam or even good old PG tips will do! 4 cloves and 2 cardamon pods.
- First make your tea, make your tea as you normally would in a teapot, add to this the cloves and cardamon pods, leave to brew while you make the egg recipe
- Make your yogurt, start off with 1 tsp of olive oil in a pan, in a pestle and mortar combine your dried spices and then add to the oil, when you hear this starting to sizzle add your yogurt and lemon juice, season well, warm through then turn the heat off
- Toast your bread!
- Scrambled your eggs anyway you like but I like mine simply done, heating 1 tsp of olive oil, whisking your eggs with a fork then adding to the pan to cook through, stirring until your eggs are the desired consistency
- Add in your cooked green beans
- Transfer to plates, pour your yogurt sauce over and serve with or without your toasted bread and tea, enjoy.
Yemen is currently facing one of the worst humanitarian disasters of our time. Continued conflict since 2015 has been devastating to the people of Yemen, families face everyday without food, water and fuel and it is estimate that 20 million people are at risk from the worst famine in over 100 years. Save The Children are working urgently to help those children still caught in this devastating war.
Here’s how you can help, support Save The Childrens’ campaign Pens for Peace in Yemen, which is asking the UK Government to bring peace to Yemen’s children. For more details please visit the link: https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/where-we-work/middle-east/yemen
If you would like to make a monetary donation please visit the link: https://justgiving.com/fundraising/feastforfamine