This is a really comforting dish!
Cook: 1 hour 10mins
Ingredients: For the Tomato Chicken Stew; 8 chicken thighs, 3 large tomatoes, 1 large onion, handful of fresh or frozen green beans, handful of parsley, 1 garlic clove, 1 tsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp tomato puree
For the Peanut Butter Rice; 2 cups of cooked rice (basmati or long grain is good), 1 tbsp of crushed salted peanuts, 1 tsp of butter, 1 tsp dried chives
- Preheat oven to 200(fan), brown the chicken thighs in a pan on both sides, cut the tomato and onion into chunks, cut the garlic and add to an oven proof pan,
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil and start cooking the mixture on the hob for 5-10mins until it starts to break down, add the tomato puree stir and place the chicken thighs on top
- Place in the oven with a lid and cook in the oven for 40mins
- After 40 mins add the green beans and cook with the lid off for a further 10 – 15 mins
- While this is cooking start on the rice, heat 1 tsp of butter in a pan until it melts
- Add the crushed peanuts and let it start to sizzle a little before adding the cooked rice
- Stir over a medium heat until all combined and warmed through, add the chopped chives and you’re done! Serve all together with fresh parsley scattered over the chicken.
|The prevalance of HIV and Aids in Zimbabwe, means that many children are left oprhaned, many are not able to go to school and those that are, are often unable to participate once there falling asleep due to malnutrition, to find out how Save the Children are working in Zimbabwe please click on the link:
And if you would like to make a donation to help, please visit: