These are soooooo easy and delicious to boot! Lovely, lazy recipes to make with yourself or with children.
Recipe created after a friend ask if I could make my recent Peanut Butter Cookies using Nutella, what a good idea! https://feastforfamine.blog/2019/01/21/inspired-by-nigeria-peanut-butter-coconut-and-banana-chip-crumbly-cookies/
I have added some extra ingredients but you can add in what you like, raisins, different types of nuts and dried fruit, or just stick with the desiccated coconut to add texture… enjoy!
Ingredients: 200g Nutella, 1 large egg, 20g of chopped hazelnuts, 30g dried banana chips, 40g desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- Preheat the oven 160 (fan), line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Mix all your dry ingredients into the Nutella
- Add your egg and mix really well
- Now using a teaspoon make 12 rounded shapes on your parchment paper, leaving some space in between each one as the mixture will spread
- Now bake for 10mins, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before transferring onto a plate to eat straight away or an airtight container…yum!
One of the main problems facing children in Nigeria is the availability of nutritious food in order to help them grow and develop. There is also a lack of immunisation, and general health care needed to support mothers, their new born babies and young children, to find out what Save The Children are doing to help, please visit the link:
If you would like to make a donation please visit the